▪ “I’ve never seen a sitting member of Congress take on an incumbent senator in Kansas.” – Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan., telling the Wall Street Journal he was “surprised by the tone” of recent comments by Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Wichita, directed at Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan.
▪ “It is, I think, immoral and ridiculously and economically stupid that Kansas hasn’t expanded Medicaid.” – former Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, speaking at a Topeka YWCA luncheon
▪ “We’ve got to step up. I know men and boys who are not as bright as this microphone. The bar, in case you haven’t noticed, is pretty damn low.” – Sebelius again, calling on Kansas women to register and turn out to vote, donate to and help campaigns, and run for office
▪ “An act declaring the cage elevator in the Kansas state capitol building as the official cage elevator of the state of Kansas.” – Senate Bill 443, which was among seven bills signed by Gov. Sam Brownback on Wednesday (after garnering 41 “no” votes in the House)
▪ “It’s not even robbing Peter to pay Paul, it’s robbing Paul to pay Paul.” – Alan Rupe, a Wichita attorney representing school districts suing the state, on the equitable funding bill signed by the governor