▪ “If you’ve ever had a holiday gathering with a table split between passionate Jayhawks and Wildcats fans, you probably know a little something about what it’s like working in the U.S. Senate.” – Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan., in a fundraising letter
▪ “We gave up once again.” – Moran again, criticizing the omnibus spending bill (which he voted against) at a Haven town hall
▪ “Members of Congress used to do what is best for the country. Now it is based on whether it is a Democrat or Republican idea.” – Moran again, at a Udall town hall
▪ “Is this an oversight committee or is this just covering up mistakes the state made?” – Rep. Jim Ward, D-Wichita, complaining when KanCare Oversight Committee Chairwoman Mary Pilcher-Cook, R-Shawnee, blocked his line of questioning
Never miss a local story.
▪ “It’s time to ‘Muscle Up, Kansas’ – and I’m ready to get to work!” – former Rep. Steve Brunk, R-Wichita, in an e-mail about his new job as executive director of the Kansas Family Policy Council