▪ “It will be enormously expensive and will do almost no good, so other than that it’s perfect.” – Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Wichita, on the new international climate agreement
▪ “Commissioner Peterjohn is right. We need to be prepared. You need to be prepared as an individual. You need to be prepared as a family. If you’re a business entity, you need to be prepared as well.” – Sedgwick County Commission Chairman Richard Ranzau, pushing back Wednesday against criticism of Peterjohn’s recent Muhammad slide show and warning about the “Islamist threat”
▪ “Kansas is really in sad shape. Last session was the worst I’ve ever had up there. Common sense is out the door. People are voting the way they are told to vote.” – Sen. Kay Wolf, R-Prairie Village, at a Johnson County legislative preview
▪ “Is the fairy going to come and bring the money?” – Sen. Pat Pettey, D-Kansas City, fretting at the same event about the fiscal 2017 state budget
Never miss a local story.
▪ “We know that 6.6 percent isn’t great for our people, but zero percent isn’t good for the state.” – Rep. Steven Johnson, R-Assaria, suggesting at a Salina legislative forum that the state income tax cuts be revisited