▪ “I want him to run again.” – former Kansas Sen. Bob Dole, introducing 2012 GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney at an Overland Park rally for Sen. Pat Roberts
▪ “You never know what a 90-year-old is going to say, do you?” – Romney, in response
▪ “He is as good as it gets for the state of Kansas.” – K-State football coach Bill Snyder, in a campaign ad for Roberts
▪ “Will @KState censure Bill Snyder for violating @KSRegents’ policy ... in Roberts ad? #Curious” – tweet by Philip Nel, a professor who has been critical of the Kansas Board of Regents’ strict new social media policy, linking to regents policy on political activity
Never miss a local story.
▪ “Republicans” supporting Paul Davis are mostly “disaffected or grumpy losers” who are upset “that their constituents, economy and Kansas politics have changed.” – Kansas Chamber of Commerce president Mike O’Neal, quoted in a Wall Street Journal commentary headlined “Why Kansas Drives Liberals Crazy”
▪ “I can remember when (Tim Huelskamp) was still in the (Kansas) Senate and he accosted me on the stairs one day and lit into me. I said, ‘Tim, you and I don’t agree on a lot of things, but if we could just agree to disagree it’d make things easier.’ And he said, ‘I don’t believe in that kind of thing.’” – former Kansas Senate President Steve Morris, quoted by Huffington Post about now-U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler
– Rhonda Holman