KU Med Center
Free programs are held from noon to 1:30 p.m. at KU School of Medicine, Wichita, 1010 N. Kansas. Participants are invited to bring a sack lunch. Replays are available at wichita.kumc.edu. Click on “Lunch and Learn.”
All programs are 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Reservations required. Register by calling 316-689-5700. Cost is $5, free to Via Christi 50 + members.
Women’s Connection offers networking, lunch and a health lecture. Programs are at 11:30 a.m. Register at vcwomensconnection.com. Cost is $5.
For more about classes and lectures available from Via Christi, go to www.via-christi.org.
Wesley Medical Center
Free Lunch and Learn Lectures are from noon to 1 p.m. at Corporate Caterers, 2929 N. Rock Road. Lunch is available for $5. For reservations, call Wesley at 316-962-6000.
Wesley BirthCare Center parking lot, Hillside and Murdock, 3-5 p.m. on March 4 and 18 and April 1,15 and 29.
Wesley West parking lot, 13th Street and Tyler, 10 a.m.-noon on March 14 and 28 and April 11 and 25.
For more classes offered by Wesley, go to wesleymc.com and click on classes and events.
For those 55 and older
The Alzheimer’s Association of Central and Western Kansas has just expanded its services. It now offers:
• A free one-on-one consultation after a dementia diagnosis.
• An early-stage support group to connect newly diagnosed individuals with others living in the early stage of the disease. The group meets on the third Wednesday of each month at the Alzheimer’s Association, 1820 E. Douglas, Wichita.
• JW & Reola Stark Arts & Inspiration Center: Those with early stages meet the second Thursday of each month at area attractions for a day of socialization and artistic expression.
• Peer-to-Peer: A one-on-one meeting by phone or in person with someone who has dementia for those who just received a diagnosis of dementia. To request a peer-to-peer visit, call Jenna at 316-267-7333.
• Free ongoing classes for caregivers or those with the disease.
For information about any services, contact the Alzheimer’s Association at 800-272-3900 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.