05/07/2007 1:01 AM

01/24/2008 5:15 PM

Many organizations suggest the most efficient way for you to help the storm victims in western Kansas is to give cash.

How to donate money

Salvation Army red kettles

You can drop cash or checks made out to "Salvation Army" at several places:

 KAKE TV, 1500 N. West St.

 Clear Channel Radio, 9323 E. 37th St. North

 Papa John's Pizza locations:

8918 W. 21st St.

2530 S. Seneca

220 W. Douglas

5231 E. Central

7777 E. 21st St. North

8620 W. McCormick

7800 E. Harry

2111 W. 21st St.

5000 S. Broadway

420 S. Andover Road, Andover

625 N. Rock Road, Derby

1700 N. Main, Newton

501 E. 17th St., Hutchinson

 Galichia Heart Hospital, 2610 N. Woodlawn

 By phone to 816-471-4337.

American Red Cross

Make donations three ways:

 Call 800-RED-CROSS (733-2767)

 Mail a check to your local chapter, specifying it for Kansas tornadoes (in Wichita, that is the Midway-Kansas Chapter, P.O. Box 3726, Wichita, KS 67201).

 Go online to

United Way

Make checks payable to United Way Greensburg Disaster Fund and mail to United Way of the Plains, 245 N. Water, Wichita, KS 67202.

Koch Industries

Koch will match each dollar donated by employees up to $25,000. The money will go to the Salvation Army.

Super Suppers

Super Suppers at 21st and Webb Road in Wichita will donate 10 percent of all sales through Saturday to help the tornado victims. The money will be given to the Salvation Army red kettle campaign.

Catholic Charities

Make check payable to "Catholic Social Service" and specify it for tornadoes. Mail to Catholic Social Service, 906 Central Avenue, Dodge City, KS 67801.

United Methodist Kansas Area Disaster Fund

Make checks payable to "Kansas West Conference" and write "Area Disaster Fund" on the memo line. Mail to Kansas West Conference, 9440 E. Boston St. Suite 110, Wichita, KS 66207.

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee

Call 800-55-CRWRC or make donations online at Checks should be made out to "CRWRC," earmarked "Spring Storms 2007," and sent to 2850 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49560.

How to donate clothing

Goodwill Industries Easter Seals of Kansas is making clothing and vouchers for household items available to tornado victims. Vouchers are available through the Red Cross or at any Goodwill store in Hays, Hutchinson, Great Bend, Salina, Junction City, Ark City, Garden City, El Dorado, Wichita, Maize or Andover.

Donations will be accepted at all Goodwill stores. Victims will have access to already sorted items in the Goodwill stores. As the new donations are sorted, they will be added to the store racks.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service