The Kansas Creative Arts Industries Commission is looking at how it can best grow the state’s creative section and economy. And it has scheduled a stop at Wichita’s Century II Performing Arts and Convention Center on April 20.
The commission manages grant money that can be allocated to local arts groups and manages film and other arts events in the state. It plans seven sessions statewide during April. The Wichita session runs from 10 a.m. to noon April 20.
Commission Director Peter Jasso said the commission is looking at how the state can best use programs in different regions of the state to improve the state economy.
The meetings are open to the public. People who want to participate are asked to register online by going to www.kansascommerce.com/KCAICregistration.
Never miss a local story.
• Fort Scott: 6-8 p.m. April 10, Ellis Family Fine Arts Center at Fort Scott Community College
• Lawrence: 6-8 p.m. April 11, Lawrence Arts Center
• Dodge City: 10-12 p.m. April 13, Dodge City Public Library
• Salina: 6-8 p.m. April 17, Salina Arts Center
• Hays: 5:30-7:30 p.m. April 17, Hays Convention and Visitor’s Bureau
• Shawnee Mission: 6-8 p.m. April 24, Indian Creek Tech center