Advance voting for next week’s general election will expand Thursday to 12 satellite locations in Sedgwick County.
Advance voting turnout has been low so far for Tuesday’s general election of school board and city council positions, Sedgwick County Election Commissioner Tabitha Lehman said.
Through Wednesday morning, almost 2,200 of the more than 6,500 advance ballots mailed out by the election office had been returned, she said.
Mail-in ballots must be received by the election office by the time polls close at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Only 84 people had voted at the election office, which has been open for in-person advance voting since March 20, Lehman said.
Almost all of Sedgwick County’s 272,000 registered voters have a stake in this election and are eligible to cast ballots. The only exception is about 1,100 voters from the county who live in the Circle school district. The school board seat in their area of the district is not on the ballot.
Voters can cast ballots from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Monday April 1 at the Sedgwick County Election Office, 510 N. Main, Wichita.
These satellite sites will be open from noon to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday:
• Bel Aire City Building, 7651 E. Central Park, Bel Aire
• Center for Health and Wellness, 2707 E. 21st St.
• Church of the Holy Spirit, 18218 W. Highway 54, Goddard
• First United Methodist Church, 560 N. Park, Valley Center
• Haysville Activity Center, 7106 S. Broadway, Haysville
• Independent Living Resource Center, 3033 W. Second St.
• Machinists Building, 3830 S. Meridian
• Reformation Lutheran Church Parish Hall, 7601 E. 13th St.
• Sedgwick County Zoo Cargill Learning Center, 5555 Zoo Blvd.
• Sharon Baptist Church, 2221 S. Oliver
• Westlink Church of Christ, 10025 W. Central
• Woodlawn United Methodist Church, 431 S. Woodlawn Blvd., Derby.
For more information, call the election office at 316-660-7100 or visit www.sedgwickcounty.org/elections.