Correction: A previous version of this story included the incorrect number of mail-in ballots received in 2010.
The number of sites for advance voting in person for next week’s primary election expands Thursday to 16 locations throughout Sedgwick County.
Voting at 15 of the sites will continue through Saturday. Voting at the Sedgwick County Election Office, where voters have been able to cast ballots since July 25, will end Friday. The primary election is Tuesday.
Advance voting participation, both by mail and in person, has been low, said Tabitha Lehman, the county’s election commissioner. Through Tuesday, only 740 had voted in person at the election office and only 2,800 mail-in ballots had been received.
A week before the 2010 election, more than 11,000 mail-in ballots had been received by the office, she said.
You can vote at the election office, 510 N. Main, Suite 101, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday this week.
You can vote at an advance voting center from noon to 7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Here are the locations:• Bel Aire City Building, 7651 E. Central Park, Bel Aire
• Center for Health and Wellness, 2707 E. 21st St.
• Church of the Holy Spirit, 18218 W. U.S. 54, Goddard
• First United Methodist Church, 560 N. Park, Valley Center
• Grace Presbyterian Church, 5002 E. Douglas
• Greenwich Road Church of Christ, 1746 S. Greenwich Rd
• Haysville Activity Center, 7106 S. Broadway
• Independent Living Resource Center, 3033 W. Second St.
• Machinist Building, 3830 S. Meridian
• Reformation Lutheran Church Parish Hall, 7601 E. 13th St.
• Sedgwick County Zoo Cargill Learning Center, 5555 Zoo Blvd.
• Sharon Baptist Church, 2221 S. Oliver
• St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, 2555 Hyacinth
• Westlink Church of Christ, 10025 W. Central
• Woodlawn United Methodist Church, 431 S. Woodlawn, Derby
For more information, call the election office at 316-660-7100 or visit www.sedgwickcounty.org/elections.