Find claims paid by the state crime victims board online

05/13/2013 5:45 AM

05/13/2013 5:46 AM

Each Monday, The Eagle highlights a government record that is available to the public. Open records help people keep government in check and help them better understand how government affects their lives.

For a complete list of You Oughta Know columns, go to

The record: Information about claims paid by the Kansas Crime Victims Compensation Board.

Why you’d want it: To learn more about one part of the cost of crime in Kansas.

Where you get it: The board’s annual reports are online at the Kansas attorney general’s website, Click on the “Victim Services” menu at the top of the page and then on the “Victim Compensation” link. Annual reports go back to 2007.

How much does it cost: The information is free.

Deb Gruver

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service