President Obama had some fun with his reputation as a media darling and a teleprompter addict during his remarks at Saturday's White House Correspondents' Association dinner. Among the sometimes blistering laugh lines:
– "Most of you covered me; all of you voted for me. Apologies to the Fox table."
– Republican National Committee chairman "Michael Steele is in the house tonight. Or as he would say, 'in the heezy.' Wassup? Where is Michael? For the last time — the Republican Party does not qualify for a bailout. Rush Limbaugh does not count as a troubled asset. I'm sorry."
– "Dick Cheney was supposed to be here but he is very busy working on his memoirs, tentatively titled, 'How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People.'"
– "Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the audience. I do have to say, though, that this is a tough holiday for Rahm Emanuel because he's not used to saying the word 'day' after 'mother.'"
– "During the second 100 days, we will design, build and open a library dedicated to my first 100 days."
– "My next 100 days will be so successful, I will complete them in 72 days. And on the 73rd day, I will rest."