Saturday will be a banner day for the animals of the Sedgwick County Zoo.
Can you say “Scooby snack”?
Animals, including Amur leopards and tigers, will get special holiday-themed treats throughout the day.
The special event, considered an enrichment activity for the animals, is called “Season’s Treatings.”
Never miss a local story.
The schedule will be:
▪ 10:10 a.m.: Orangutans at the Koch Orangutan and Chimpanzee Habitat
▪ 1:15 a.m.: Elk and bison at the North America exhibit
▪ 10:30 a.m.: Chimpanzees at the Koch Orangutan and Chimpanzee Habitat and cougars in the North America exhibit
▪ 10:45 a.m.: Black bears at the North America exhibit
▪ 11 a.m.: Gorillas at the Downing Gorilla Forest
▪ 11:15 a.m.: Grizzly bears at the North America exhibit
▪ 11:30 a.m.: Tigers at the Slawson Family Tiger Trek
▪ 11:45 a.m.: River otters at the North America exhibit
▪ 1:15 p.m.: Elephant at the African Veldt
▪ 2 p.m.: Kea (a large species of parrot) at the Australia exhibit
Thick-billed parrots, domestic animals at the children’s farms, Amur leopards and prairie dogs also will be getting special treats but not at specific times.
The zoo will offer special holiday activities from 1 to 4 p.m. in the American Barn Children’s Farms.
Regular admission fees apply Saturday. Children 2 and under are free; children ages 3 to 11 are $8.95; adults ages 12 to 61 are $13.95; and senior citizens ages 62 and older are $11.95.
Members with a membership card and photo ID get in free.
Zoo hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through February.