Fire heavily damaged a mobile home in south Wichita early Thursday morning, authorities said.
The fire was reported at 1:45 a.m. at 5935 S. Broadway, a Sedgwick County emergency dispatcher said. That’s a few blocks west of I-35 and south of 55th Street South.
No injuries were reported. It took firefighters nearly half an hour to extinguish the blaze.
The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage and was caused by an electrical malfunction in the old mobile home, Lt. Chris Dugan said. What likely happened, he said, was an electrical circuit overloaded.
Never miss a local story.
While the couple living there was using a space heater, Dugan said the fire can’t be blamed directly on that device. The Red Cross was called out to assist the couple displaced by the fire.