Child burned in west Wichita home accident

08/11/2014 2:18 PM

08/13/2014 12:34 PM

A 2-year-old boy was taken to local hospital for treatment over the noon hour Monday after being burned at home by a mishap involving hair spray and a candle, authorities said.

The child was injured at a home in the 200 block of North Gow shortly before 12:45 p.m. Monday, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. Someone was playing with a candle and some hairspray when the child was burned.

He was taken to the burn unit of Via Christi Hospital St. Francis with second-degree burns over the upper 15 percent of his body, the supervisor said.

Reach Stan Finger at 316-268-6437 or sfinger@wichitaeagle.com. Follow him on Twitter: @StanFinger.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service