Fall fashion is all about versatility.
It’s important to buy pieces that you can mix and match throughout the whole season, depending on the weather. As the new school year approaches, it’s a great time to stock up on fall favorites.
Here is a list of fashion items that can move your summer look into the new school year and then right on into autumn.
• Pura Vida accessories: Pura Vida bracelets and hair ties are relatively inexpensive and are the perfect touch to any outfit. They are simple but make a great statement.
Never miss a local story.
Pura Vida is special because its mission is that “every bracelet purchased helps provide full-time jobs for local artisans in Costa Rica.”
Visit www.puravidabracelets.com to see the wide selection of hair ties and bracelets. They range from simple string bracelets to more bold, hand-beaded ones.
• Lace: Lace is an easy way to give your look a little extra detail. Jean shorts with lace elements can be casual or dressed up, depending on your mood for the day.
Lace accents also look great on blouses; they can be worn with a headband and high-waisted shorts for a boho look or with a black skirt for a classier, more elegant look.
• Navajo and Aztec print: Full of color and personality, Aztec print pieces can add cool detail to any outfit. Unique in design, most Aztec and Navajo prints are seemingly one-of-a-kind.
Perfect for both warm and cool weather; pair an Aztec print sweater with riding boots and skinny jeans for fall, or tuck an Aztec print tee into high-waisted jean shorts for a summery look.
• Simple chain necklaces: While sometimes a statement necklace makes the outfit, if you’re going for a more relaxed, dressed-up look, try wearing a simple gold or silver necklace. It’s a small piece that makes a strong statement. Simple jewelry is an easy way to make your look effortless while giving it a hint of style.
• Tkees flip-flops: Tkees are unusual sandals because of their comfortable, cool appeal. They come in a wide selection of colors, ranging from nude to teal to gradient.
The mission of the company, according to its website, is to create shoes that are comfortable enough to make you feel barefoot, shoes that act as “cosmetics for your feet.” Visit www.tkees.com to see all of the styles and colors.
So when it’s finally time to go back to school in August, the best advice is to try it all.
While it’s never good to overdo it and wear all the latest trends in one outfit, it may work best for you to try a few boho looks, something more spunky, then maybe something timeless. You’ll get a feel for the looks you’re into and the looks that maybe aren’t your favorite.
Just remember that it’s your prerogative and your style. Wear whatever makes you feel the best about yourself.
That’s a foolproof way to look fabulous any day of the week.