How to get help to keep your residence

03/30/2010 12:00 AM

03/30/2010 12:04 AM

People who are in imminent threat of becoming homeless can apply for federal stimulus housing aid dollars again.

Applicants have to have stable or consistent income that would allow them to maintain their residence even after the short-term financial help.

To apply, call 211 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. today or Wednesday.

Federal rules require that applicants meet income guidelines.

For a single person, that's less than $22,000 a year. For a family of four, it's less than $31,450.

The money can't help pay mortgages, but it can help cover relocation expenses for those facing foreclosure.

People who are homeless can also apply.

The aid comes through a partnership between the city, Catholic Charities Inc. and United Way of the Plains.

A first round of the funding helped 45 households, the city reported.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service