The city has announced free parking at several sites for what has been billed as a busy night for Century II next week.
It hopes to accommodate about 3,500 visitors to Century II on Wednesday for a national convention, trade show and the opening night of the Broadway show "Wicked."
The plan includes:
* 139 parking spaces in the main Century II parking lot, which will be set aside for "Wicked" ticketholders and closed off by barricades. Drivers must show their tickets to security; parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
* 500 parking spots in the garage east of the Broadview Hotel on Waco.
* 560 parking spots after 5 p.m. in the Garvey Center garage. To enter the garage, drivers may go down First Street and turn south on Willis Drive. Willis Drive is located a half-block east of Waco.
* 500 parking spots in the WaterWalk parking garage between Wichita Street and Water just east of Gander Mountain.
* 350 parking spots in the parking garage to the east of the WaterWalk near the Go Wichita Convention and Visitors Bureau.
* 827 parking spots in Lawrence-Dumont Stadium. The Q Line trolley will run until 11 p.m. to shuttle people to and from Lawrence-Dumont and Century II.
Visitors also may pay $8 to park in the Hyatt Regency Wichita parking garage, where 500 spaces will be available.
The surface parking lot located south of Waterman Street across from the Hyatt's parking garage has been reserved by the Wichita Industrial Trade Show and won't be open to the general public.
The city expects that Century II's main parking lot east of Expo Hall will be used throughout the day for the Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering convention.