More than 65 Andover families will be served this year through the Andover Caring and Sharing Program.
The families will receive a holiday food basket, staple food items, presents for kids and gift certificates for older children. The program began in 1995
Families are nominated and screened to determine their needs. The program accepts toys, gifts and food items as well as cash and mailed monetary donations. Delivery to the families will be made Dec. 17.
Six sites have been designated for drop-off of donated toys, gifts and food items from Nov. 27 through Dec. 12:
* Andover Fire Station, 911 N. Andover Road
* Andover Public Library, 1511 E. Central
* Andover YMCA, 1115 E. U.S. Highway 54
* Equity Bank, 225 W. Central
* Stooges, 220 W. Third Street
* Timbuktu, 1251 N. Andover Road
Cash donations may be made at Ace Hardware, 642 N. Andover Road; mailed monetary donations may be sent to Andover Caring and Sharing, P.O. Box 413, Andover, KS 67002.
Donations should be received no later than Dec. 12. All donations to the program are tax deductible.