Blue Cross Blue Shield plans meetings to discuss health marketplace
09/29/2013 9:53 AM
08/08/2014 10:18 AM
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas will host a series of meetings across the state to give consumers information about the Affordable Care Act.
The meetings will focus on how the law will affect individual consumers, but will also feature information for small business owners who are interested in providing insurance for employees through the new online health marketplace.
The marketplace, which will be at www.HealthCare.gov, will begin open enrollment on Oct. 1. Rates and coverage details for health insurance plans will not be available until then.
Four companies have signed up to offer plans through the marketplace in Kansas: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, Blue Cross of Kansas City, Coventry Life and Health, and Coventry Health Care of Kansas.
Coventry is offering both a PPO and an HMO product, which is the reason for the two different companies.
The following meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.:• Lawrence, Oct. 1, Carnegie Building, 200 W. 9th St.;
• Topeka, Oct. 3, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas, 1133 SW Topeka Blvd., and again on Nov. 7 at the same location;
• Hutchinson, Oct. 7, Kansas Cosmosphere, 1100 N. Plum;
• Wichita, Oct. 8, Hughes Metropolitan Complex, 2015 E. 29th St. North and on Oct. 17 at Sedgwick County Extension Education Center, 7001 W. 21st St. North;
• Manhattan, Oct. 15, Flint Hills Discovery Center, 315 S. 3rd St.;
• Dodge City, Oct. 21, Dodge City Public Library, 1001 N. 2nd Ave.;
• Garden City, Oct. 22, Clarion Inn, 1911 E. Kansas Ave., meetings to be held in both English and Spanish;
• Salina, Oct. 28, Visit Salina Annex, 120 W. Ash;
• Hays, Oct. 29, Fort Hays State Memorial Union, 700 College Dr.;
• Independence, Nov. 4, ICC-West, 410 N. Penn Ave.;
• Pittsburg, Nov. 5, Memorial Auditorium, 503 N. Pine.