Three Wichita business leaders were recognized this week by the Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association for their contributions.
The awards, given by the association’s educational foundation, were part of Wichita’s week-long celebration of area restaurants.
Here are the winners:
▪ Restaurateur of the Year: Neal Stong of NuWay, Wichita.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Hotelier of the Year: Loren Unruh of Best Western Angus Inn, Great Bend.
▪ Allied Member of the Year: Bill Goodlatte of The LDF Companies, Wichita.
▪ Mentor of the Year: Matthew Robinson of Holiday Inn, Wichita.
▪ Teacher of the Year: Glenna Nance, Blue Valley Academy, Overland Park.
▪ Hall of Fame: Chuck Magerl, Free State Brewing Company & Wheat Fields Bakery, Lawrence.
The KRHA wasn’t the only one handing out awards to industry leaders this week.
Cargill’s subsidiary Sterling Silver Premium Meats named Mike Issa its “Beef Operator of the Year.” Issa and other members of his family own four restaurants in the Wichita area – Scotch & Sirloin, Larkspur, Hereford House and Ya-Ya’s Eurobistro.
According to a news release, Issa was honored for his operation’s commitment to, and collaboration with, the Sterling Silver brand.