Spirit announces changes in leadership team
11/19/2012 11:29 PM
08/08/2014 10:12 AM
A number of changes have been made in the executive ranks at Spirit AeroSystems, according to a news release from the company.
Spirit president and CEO Jeff Turner said the changes allowed the company to realign its leadership in response to the substantial growth Spirit has achieved in less than a decade. He noted in the release that when Spirit was created in 2005, it had 8,600 employees in two states; it now has 16,000 employees working worldwide.
The following are part of the executive leadership team reporting to Turner:• Mike King, executive vice president/chief operations officer with responsibility for supply chain management, manufacturing and operations efficiency;
• John Pilla, senior vice president/general manager of propulsion and wing segments with responsibility for propulsion, aftermarket, Spirit Europe and Spirit Malaysia;
• David Coleal, senior vice president/general manager of fuselage with responsibility for fuselage, North Carolina, and Oklahoma;
• Sam Marnick, senior vice president/chief administration officer with quality, operations support, human resources and corporate administration under her purview;
• Phil Anderson, senior vice president/chief financial officer with information technology systems under his purview;
• Jon Lammers, senior vice president/secretary;
• David Walker, senior vice president/chief technology officer, business development and A350;
• John Lewelling, senior vice president, strategy;
• and Buck Buchanan, senior vice president, advanced projects.