Second building opens at Offices at Cranbrook; third building planned
09/05/2013 12:00 AM
09/04/2013 5:58 PM
Officials at Occidental Management said the second building has opened at their Offices at Cranbrook development and plans for a third building are just getting under way.
Chad Stafford, Occidental’s president, said Wednesday that the second building is more than 60 percent leased and officials of the commercial real estate development and management firm are working to lease the remaining 40 percent.
Freedom Advisory Group and DuCharme Chiropractic have opened in spaces at each end of the 10,800-square-foot building. An unnamed third tenant also has signed a lease at the second building, Stafford said.
“Design on the third one (building) is happening right now,” said Stafford.
The general contractor on the Class A office park at 10111 E. 21st St. is Sauerwein Construction. Spangenberg Phillips Tice is the architect.
Freedom Advisory Group has leased just under 2,400 square feet at the south end of the building. Owner Randy Yeisley said his investment, insurance and retirement firm was most recently occupying six suites at the Omni office building west of Towne East Square at Kellogg and Rock. He said there were a number of reasons for the move to Cranbrook, including the ability to display a large sign on the office space his firm occupies.
“I want to be visible,” Yeisley said. “We have the brand awareness … but you’ve got to be able to find my office.”
Steve DuCharme said he relocated his practice to Cranbrook because Occidental officials worked to tailor the 2,200-square-foot space on the north end of the building to meet his requirements.
“It’s more friendly and conducive to what I do,” said DuCharme, who has been practicing in Kansas since 1992 and in Wichita since 2003.
Construction on the third building is expected to begin by the end of the year, Stafford said, adding that Occidental already has signed some tenants for that building.
The construction also will mark the start of the second phase of the office park, ground of which was originally broken in August 2012.
In all, plans for Cranbrook call for the park to have four office buildings totaling 69,000 square feet.
Wichita Top Jobs
WICHITA COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
Courtyard by Marriott at Old Town
KANSAS GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
HEARTLAND RESEARCH ASSOC.
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.