The US Department of Agriculture has awarded 11 grants to advanced biofuels companies in Kansas, part of more than 160 grants nationwide.
In Kansas, about $8 million in grants went to:
* Arkalon Ethanol, Liberal, $1.8 mil.
* Bonanza BioEnergy, Garden City, $1.1 mil.
Never miss a local story.
* Emergent Green Energy, Minneola, $7,929.
* ESE Alcohol, Leoti, $80,924.
* Healy Biodiesel, Sedgwick, $10,078
* Kansas Ethanol, Lyons, $2.3 mil.
* Nesika Energy, Scandia, $138,559.
* Prairie Horizon Agri-Energy, Phillipsburg, $1.6 mil.
* R-3 Energy, Cottonwood Falls, $9,980.
* Reeve Agri Energy, Garden City, $576,245.
* Western Plains Energy, Oakley, $660,480.