Kansas Department of Revenue agents and Sedgwick County sheriff's officers seized the business assets of a Valley Center photography studio Wednesday morning, for $115,651 in state sales and individual income taxes.
The officers seized all known bank accounts, on-site cash, business inventory and personal property assets of the owner, Anthony G. Schock, the revenue department said in a news release.
The business, GS Memory Maker at 101 N. Ash, was sealed and the assets will be sold at public auction to pay the tax bill.
Total state sales taxes owed are $97,706.94. Total individual income taxes owed are $17,944.28.
Efforts to contact Schock Wednesday afternoon were unsuccessful.
Seizure occurs when all other collection attempts to bring the taxpayer in compliance have failed, the revenue department said.
Those attempts include multiple letters, telephone calls, letters warning impending legal action, tax liens and on-site till taps.
According to the revenue department, the tax warrants are:
* Sales tax, May 2002 to December 2004, $33,624.78.
* Sales tax, August 2005 to August 2006, $28,682.70.
* Sales tax, September to November 2006, January to May 2007, January, March, April and May 2008, $17,070.83.
* Sales tax, June to December 2007, $18,328.63.
* Income tax, 2000 to 2004, $8,342.72.
* Income tax, 2006 to 2007, $9,601.56.