The Kansas Rural Center and the Kansas Department of Commerce will host a series of marketing workshops for farmers starting next week.
The sessions will cover business planning, food safety, value-added opportunities, marketing principles, agritourism and more.
The workshops are from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at:
* Dodge City: Tuesday, Victory Electric, 3230 N. 14th Ave
Never miss a local story.
* Marysville: May 5, Masonic Temple., US 36 and 17th St.
* Independence: May 10, Memorial Hall, 410 N. Penn Ave.
* Lawrence: May 12, Douglas County Fair Grounds, Dreher Building, 2110 Harper
* Newton: May 13, Prairie Harvest, 601 Main St.
Register at www.ksfarmersmarkets.org/ producers/events, although walk-ins are welcome.
For information, call 785 840-6202 or go to email@example.com