Dillons has begun plans to renovate its store at 640 N. West St.
The multimillion-dollar project includes:
* A fresh decor package, including more colors, upgraded department markers and energy-efficient ambient lighting
* An expanded deli, including made-to-order sandwiches, fresh Chinese foods, a new beverage center and homestyle foods
* Enhanced meat and seafood offerings
* An expanded bakery
* Enhanced frozen food and grocery offerings
* Expanded produce offerings
* An expanded pharmacy
The project comes on the heels of similar renovations at 21st and Amidon and Harry and Edgemoor, plus new Dillons Marketplace stores in Andover and Derby. Dillons officials estimate the improvements will create at least 50 new jobs.