Electrical short caused fire at Seneca bar, official says

07/28/2014 1:17 PM

07/30/2014 6:26 AM

An arcing electrical outlet is being blamed for a fire that heavily damaged a west Wichita bar Monday morning.

The fire was reported at Whiskey Dick’s shortly before 11:30 a.m. at 801 S. Seneca on Monday, authorities have said. The two-alarm fire prompted the closure of the Seneca exits off of Kellogg for several hours Monday.

Wichita fire Lt. Joe Evans said damage was set at $100,000.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service