The public can learn more about the laws that govern open records and meetings at six seminars across the state later this summer.
Registration is open for the free seminars at www.ag.ks.gov. People interested in attending also may call 785-296-2215 or 888-428-8436.
Seminars will cover the Kansas Open Records Act and Kansas Open Meetings Act. They are sponsored by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office, Kansas Sunshine Coalition for Open Government, Kansas Press Association and the Kansas Newspaper Foundation.
The meetings will be:
Never miss a local story.
• 9 a.m. to noon July 22 at the Dodge City Community College Theater, 2501 N. 14th Ave.
• 9 a.m. to noon July 23 at Cloud County Community College’s main building, 2221 Campus Drive in Concordia.
• 1 to 4 p.m. July 24 at Memorial Hall Auditorium, 120 SW 10th Ave. in Topeka.
• 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 25 at Wichita State University’s Marcus Welcome Center, 1845 Fairmount.
• 2 to 5 p.m. July 25 at Emporia State University’s Memorial Union, 1 Kellogg Circle.
• 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 28 at Johnston County Central Library’s Carmack Community Room, 9875 W. 87th St. in Overland Park.