Groups sponsor statewide seminars on open records, open meetings
06/23/2014 10:24 AM
06/23/2014 10:25 AM
The public can learn more about the laws that govern open records and meetings at six seminars across the state later this summer.
Registration is open for the free seminars at www.ag.ks.gov. People interested in attending also may call 785-296-2215 or 888-428-8436.
Seminars will cover the Kansas Open Records Act and Kansas Open Meetings Act. They are sponsored by the Kansas Attorney General’s Office, Kansas Sunshine Coalition for Open Government, Kansas Press Association and the Kansas Newspaper Foundation.
The meetings will be:• 9 a.m. to noon July 22 at the Dodge City Community College Theater, 2501 N. 14th Ave.
• 9 a.m. to noon July 23 at Cloud County Community College’s main building, 2221 Campus Drive in Concordia.
• 1 to 4 p.m. July 24 at Memorial Hall Auditorium, 120 SW 10th Ave. in Topeka.
• 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 25 at Wichita State University’s Marcus Welcome Center, 1845 Fairmount.
• 2 to 5 p.m. July 25 at Emporia State University’s Memorial Union, 1 Kellogg Circle.
• 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. July 28 at Johnston County Central Library’s Carmack Community Room, 9875 W. 87th St. in Overland Park.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.