Inter-Faith Ministries announces humanitarian award winners
05/09/2014 10:50 AM
05/09/2014 10:52 AM
Inter-Faith Ministries, a social service agency dedicated to helping many of Wichita’s more vulnerable people, has chosen whom they will honor for doing that kind of work in 2014.
Recipients of Inter-Faith’s Annual Humanitarian awards for the past year, according to a prepared statement from the Ministries, are:
• Peace by Piece Award – Ben Grisamore, for his work with homeless people and those returning to the community after incarceration.
• Leadership through Faith Award – Saajan Bhakta, creator of the organization PovSolve, a not-for-profit that addresses hunger.
• Spirit of Faith Award – Junior League of Wichita, for its work to combat child abuse through education to understand and recognize it.
• Light of Faith Award – Keisha Humphries, Director of Via Christi Cancer Center, who helps patients, families, and supporters by changing lives and offering hope.
• Golden Rule Award – The Law Company, for making a difference to adults with disabilities who attend the Adult Day Services at Catholic Charities.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.