Three Wichita residential fires result in one injury, official says

04/01/2014 9:32 AM

04/01/2014 9:32 AM

Three residential fires Tuesday morning in Wichita resulted in one injury and a total of more than $130,000 in damages.

A cooking fire set a duplex on fire before shortly 1 a.m. in the 2500 block of South Webb Road, Fire Department Lt. Kelly Zane said.

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The loss was estimated at $15,000, Zane said.

At 7:45 a.m., an electrical malfunction caused about $28,000 in damages to a residence set up in a detached garage in the 1400 block of South Waco, he said. No injuries were reported.

A little more than an hour later, crews responded to a house fire in the 2800 block of South Linden, Zane said. The fire at the home southwest of Pawnee and Webb was caused by a malfunction in a refrigerator, he added.

No injuries were reported, but Zane said there was an estimated $75,000 damage to the structure and a $15,000 loss in contents.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service