Firefighters quickly extinguish fire near 21st and Mosley

03/24/2014 8:02 AM

03/24/2014 12:07 PM

Fire damaged a work release center in north Wichita early Monday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 1:23 a.m. at Bi Inc. at 703 E. 21st St., a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s just west of Mosley in an industrial area.

Fire crews reported seeing smoke coming from the east side of the single-story office building, Lt. Kelly Zane said. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to extinguish the fire.

Investigators determined the fire started in an office just south of the front-door entryway due to an electrical malfunction, Zane said. Damage was estimated to be $35,000 to the building and contents.

No injuries were reported.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service