Man nearly chokes to death after mouthfuls of pork

03/04/2014 11:50 AM

03/04/2014 11:50 AM

A man had a close call after he entered a restaurant Monday night, began filling his mouth with cooked pork and choked, police said.

The 51-year-old man walked into the Carniceria el Guero at 524 W. 21st St. shortly after 8 p.m. and just started stuffing “handfuls of pork” into his mouth, Capt. Doug Nolte said. That’s just east of Arkansas northwest of downtown Wichita.

The man soon began to choke, Nolte said, and he required medical attention. He was taken to Via Christi Hospital St. Francis for treatment.

Nolte said he did not know whether the man is homeless. Authorities are not sure why he simply walked into the restaurant and began eating the pork.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service