Last weekend to recycle your Christmas tree
01/10/2014 8:49 AM
01/11/2014 9:45 PM
This is the last weekend you can recycle your real Christmas tree at a county recycling site. Monday is the last day to leave your tree; remove all decorations first. Mulch made from chipping the trees will also be available at the sites for free on a first-come-first-served basis.
Here are the locations:
In Wichita:• Boston Park, 6655 E. Zimmerly
• Buffalo Park, 10209 Hardtner
• College Hill United Methodist Church, First and Erie
• Earhart Environmental Magnet School, 4401 N. Arkansas
• Edgemoor Park, 5815 E. Ninth St.
• Extension Education Center, 7001 W. 21st St.
• Great Plains Nature Center, 6232 E. 29th St. North
• Old Cowtown Museum, 1865 Museum Blvd.
• Osage Park, 2121 W. 31st St. South
• South Linwood Park, Hydraulic and Mount Vernon.
Outside Wichita:• Cheney, East South Avenue and Garfield
• Clearwater, Aquatic Center parking lot
• Colwich, 115 N. Third St.
• Derby, 2700 E. Madison
• Garden Plain, at the water tower
• Kechi, 107 Sioux
• Maize, 201 S. Park
• Mount Hope, 400 S. Thomas
• Mulvane, 117 E. Main
• Park City, 6801 N. Hydraulic
• Valley Center, Veterans Park.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.