Malfunctioning dryer may have started apartment fire near Planeview

08/20/2013 8:25 AM

08/20/2013 8:27 AM

Firefighters made quick work of an apartment fire in southeast Wichita early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 6:40 a.m. in the 4800 block of East New Jersey, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s just east of the Planeview neighborhood, next to Oliver and south of Pawnee.

Firefighters found smoke coming from a dryer, the supervisor said. No injuries were reported, and no damage estimate has been established.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service