Starting at noon Friday the new downtown YMCA will fill its lobby with beds for people donating to a blood drive, the YMCA said in a statement.
The Greater Wichita YMCA already has 180 names signed up for the 180 donors it was hoping to attract Friday, said Shelly Conrady a YMCA spokeswoman. But the YMCA wants to let people know where else in the area they can donate as the YMCA and the American Red Cross Central Plains Blood Services Region continue The Big Drop, a blood drive that continues through June 6, Conrady said.
The sponsors are hoping to collect at least 800 pints.
Those locations and times are:
Never miss a local story.
• Monday, North YMCA, 3330 N. Woodlawn
• Tuesday, Northwest YMCA, 13838 W. 21st St. N.
• May 22, South YMCA, 3405 S. Meridian Ave.
• May 28, East YMCA, 9333 E. Douglas Ave.
• May 31 West YMCA, 6940 Newell St.
• June 2, Andover YMCA, 1115 E. U.S. 54
• June 6, El Dorado YMCA, 300 N. Main St.