Fire damages house near Lawrence-Dumont Stadium

05/07/2013 7:44 AM

05/07/2013 7:45 AM

Fire damaged a house near the Arkansas River early Tuesday morning, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 4:09 a.m. at 432 S. Osage, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s southwest of Maple and Sycamore, near Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.

Fire crews needed only a few minutes to put out the fire. The Red Cross was called out to assist three adults and one child who lived in the three-bedroom house in the Delano neighborhood.

Lt. Joe Evans said the fire was started by a candle left burning. The blaze caused an estimated $40,000 damage to the house and contents.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the Discussion

The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Terms of Service