Fire marshal: No financial loss in TreatCo fire

04/12/2013 4:51 PM

04/12/2013 4:51 PM

Thursday’s two-alarm fire at the TreatCo building complex didn’t result in any financial loss, Wichita Fire Marshal Brad Crisp said Friday.

Crisp said the fire was in the same area that was damaged by fire in June 2011.

“No repairs had been made since then,” Crisp said, “so I’m putting it at zero dollars.”

While the fire of two years ago smoldered for 10 days, Crisp said the few remaining smolder spots from Thursday’s fire should be out by Friday.

The fire was set accidentally when sparks from welding equipment ignited combustible materials and the building’s Styrofoam insulation, fire officials said.

TreatCo, which is in the 2300 block of North Broadway, makes pet treats.

Editor's Choice Videos

Join the discussion

is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service