A family of four needed help from the Red Cross after a fire damaged their house in northeast Wichita early Monday morning, authorities said.
The fire was reported just after midnight at 2272 N. Minneapolis, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. That’s northeast of 21st and I-135. It took firefighters a little more than 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.
An electrical problem in the attic started the fire, Lt. Joe Evans said, and caused an estimated $35,000 in damage to the house and its contents. The Red Cross is providing assistance for a woman and three children who lived there.
Online real estate web sites say the three-bedroom house was built in 1958 and has 861 square feet.