Apartment building fire displaces four in southwest Wichita
02/14/2013 3:26 PM
02/14/2013 3:27 PM
Four people were displaced when fire broke out in a southwest Wichita apartment building early Thursday morning, officials said.
The fire was reported at 12:38 a.m. Thursday at 1721 S. Glenn, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. The structure is south of Kellogg and between Meridian and Seneca.
Fire Capt. Joe Evans said the fire originated in a chimney. No cause or damage estimate was released.
Four people living in three apartments received assistance from the Red Cross, agency spokesman James Williams said.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
The Wichita Eagle is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.