Fall may be welcome – especially after a summer like we just had – but it’s always hard to say goodbye to farmers markets and fresh produce. Fortunately, a few markets in Wichita are still open to sell the harvest from the fall garden, though this will be the last week for a couple of them. And the west-side Kansas Grown market has already scheduled a couple of winter markets.
The Delano market has closed for the season, but the city of Wichita has approved a new location for it – the parking lot of Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
Here are the remaining days for Wichita markets:
Never miss a local story.
• Kansas Grown at GreenAcres Market, 21st and Rock Road, 3 to 6:30 p.m., at least through Oct. 9 and perhaps through Oct. 16.
• Lincoln Heights Village Farm & Art Market, at Douglas and Oliver, 7 to 11 a.m., through this Wednesday. (The market plans to be there again next year and add a new location.)
• Normandie Center, Central and Woodlawn, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. through this Wednesday.
• Kansas Grown, 21st and Ridge Road, 7 a.m. to noon, through Oct. 27. (Winter markets have been scheduled for Nov. 24 and Dec. 15, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
• Old Town, First and Mosley, 8 a.m. (an hour later than summer) to noon, through Oct. 13.