The Wichita Eagle’s Great Outdoors Photo Contest is back and looking for top outdoors photos.
The deadline for submissions is Feb. 10. Eagle photographers will select the top 15 adult and top five youth photos (16 and under) for display on Kansas.com and at the Kansas Sports, Boat and Travel Show Feb.16-19 at the Kansas Coliseum Pavilion.
You can vote for the winners at the Sports Show Feb. 16-18. Online voting will be Feb. 14-19. Winners will be revealed on The Eagle’s Outdoors page on Feb. 19.
All entrants receive one free ticket to the Sports Show, available at the show’s ticket window. All who vote in the contest can register to win an 11-by-14-inch outdoors print taken by Eagle photographers.
Never miss a local story.
• The entrant’s name, phone number, e-mail address and name of the photo must accompany all entries.
• No more than one photo per entrant and all entrants must have taken the photo.
• Photos should depict the natural beauty of the outdoors.
• Photos need not be taken within the previous year and do not need to have been taken in Kansas.
• Normal toning and cropping are allowed, but there may be no major photo manipulation.
• Entrants 16 and under must provide their age to be included in the youth category.
Online entries: E-mail email@example.com. Size should be a minimum of 300K. “Great Outdoors Photo Contest” must appear in the subject field. The photo’s name and entrant’s contact information are required.
Mail: Entries can be mailed as an 8-by-10 print to Great Outdoors Photo Contest, Wichita Eagle, 825 E. Douglas, Wichita 67202. Proper-sized self-addressed stamped envelopes must accompany prints to be returned.
Drop-off entries: Photos in envelopes can be dropped off at The Eagle’s front counter from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays. Entries will not be held at The Eagle for pickup.
Call 316-268-6382 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.