No injuries were reported in a fire that damaged a townhouse near Douglas and Rock Road in east Wichita early this morning, authorities said.
The fire broke out just before 12:20 a.m. Friday at Rockborough Apartments, 202 N. Rock Road, a Sedgwick County dispatch supervisor said. It took firefighters nearly 45 minutes to put out the blaze.
The fire was caused by an electrical issue in the wall by some breaker boxes in the basement, Capt. Stuart Bevis said. Damage was estimated at $45,000 to the structure and contents.
A firefighter slipped on ice and suffered a leg injury, Fire Marshal Brad Crisp said. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.