A Kansas City man who became ill earlier this year with a listeria infection linked to tainted cantaloupe has died, according to reporting partner KCTV-5. Paul Schwarz was 92.
Schwarz regularly ate cantaloupe, his family said earlier this year. He became ill in September, the day after Jensen Farms in Colorado voluntarily issued a recall of contaminated cantaloupe. Schwarz spent five weeks in a hospital battling a listeria infection before being moved to a nursing home. Schwarz died over the weekend, his family told KCTV-5.