A family escaped injury after fire broke out in a southwest Wichita house Wednesday night, authorities said.
The fire was reported just before 7:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of South Carrwood Circle, which is south of Pawnee and Maize Road, a Sedgwick County dispatcher said. It took firefighters about a half-hour to put out the fire.
An electrical malfunction in an upstairs bedroom ignited the fire, fire Capt. Stuart Bevis said. Damage was set at $60,000 to the house and its contents.
At least two people — a parent and child — were home at the time of the fire, Bevis said.