Gov. Sam Brownback today announced six appointments to the Kansas Arts Commission.
The commission is made up of 12 members appointed to three-year terms, a news release said.
The new appointments are:
* Kathy Herzog, Wichita. She has a nursing background and is co-owner of a small business.
Never miss a local story.
* Sandra Hartley, Concordia. Hartley was the incorporator of the Miami County Arts Coalition and serves as secretary of the coalition.
* Ronda Rodman, McPherson. She has worked in the floral, landscaping and animal agriculture industries. She is married to Kansas Agriculture Secretary Dale Rodman.
* Cynda Wright, Hutchinson. Wright has leadership experience with several non-profit groups such as the Cancer Council of Reno County, the Reno County Historical Society and Altrusa.
* David Lindstrom, Overland Park. He is a Johnson County commissioner and member of DML Properties LLC. He is a former Kansas City Chiefs player.
* Christopher F. Burger, Lawrence, He is a partner with the law firm of Stevens & Brand LLP in Lawrence and specializes in construction law.
All appointments will expire on June 30, 2014.