WICHITA — An electrical problem likely ignited a fire in a southwest Wichita home last night, a fire official says.
The fire started in the attic of a triplex in the 1200 block of W. 30th Street S. around 7:30 p.m., Wichita fire Capt. Stuart Bevis said.
A 20-year-old woman, who lived there, was home when the power went out, Bevis said. She noticed the smoke coming from the attic when she went outside to investigate.
Damage to the structure is estimated at $5,000, Bevis said.
Never miss a local story.
No injuries were reported.