Wichita school employees, students and families will have to wait at least next Monday to find out what programs may be cut from the district's budget and which may survive.
Superintendent John Allison said he needs another week to work out the details of his revised budget plan, which he was expected to present to school board members tonight.
"There are a number of logistics we continue to work through," Allison said. "I do not feel it is appropriate to bring a partial recommendation."
Allison's initial proposal included a little more than $30 million in cuts, the projected shortfall in state and federal funding for next school year. Last week he told board members the district will get about $2.6 million he hadn't anticipated, including increased reimbursements for Medicaid and special-education services.
Never miss a local story.
Board president Connie Dietz directed Allison to continue working on budget options and present his recommendations to board members next Monday.