TOPEKA – Governor-elect U.S. Sen. Sam Brownback gave the first glimpse of what his administration will look like Tuesday.
Brownback, a Republican, announced several cabinet level positions, part of what he’s dubbed his “Economic Growth Team.”
The nominations still need final approval by the Senate,
The nominees:• State Sen. Karin Brownlee, R-Olathe, as Kansas Secretary of Labor
• State Rep. Pat George, R-Dodge City, as Kansas Secretary of Commerce
• Former State Sen. Nick Jordan, R-Shawnee, as Kansas Secretary of Revenue
• Deb Miller will remain as Kansas Secretary of Transportation. Democratic Gov. Kathleen Sebelius originally appointed Miller to the post.
• Dale Rodman as Kansas Secretary of Agriculture
• Steve Anderson, a CPA. who formerly worked with the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs, as Governor’s Budget Director
“This team brings together eastern and western Kansas; private and public sector backgrounds; and all ranges of the political spectrum,” Brownback said.
The governor-elect said he would be pushing his team each day to grow private sector jobs and increase net income in Kansas.
"I’m going to be beating on these guys everyday to say we have got to move the dial on the two key goals,” Brownback said.
For more, read Wednesday’s Wichita Eagle.