WICHITA — Newman University officials said today that enrollment for the fall 2010 semester set a school record.
The school said in a news release that 2,746 students are enrolled for the fall semester, 189 more than the previous school record of 2,557 in fall 2009.
Also up from last fall is the number of full-time students, reaching 1,890 over last year's 1,746, an increase of 8.2 percent.
Some other demographic snapshots from fall enrollment:
Never miss a local story.
* 185 first-time, full-time freshman students enrolled, along with 250 students who transferred to Newman this year.
* Of all students, 1,786, or 65 percent, are female, and 960, about 35 percent, are male.
* About one in four Newman students is married.
* About 40 percent of the students are Catholic.
* Students enrolled this fall represent 25 states and 27 foreign countries.