Careless smoking was the cause of a duplex fire Monday at 6110 E. Ironhorse Circle that did more than $100,000 in damage, fire officials said.
The fire broke out at about 3:30 p.m. Monday and gave firefighters trouble because of high winds, said Wichita fire Capt. Ken Rodgers.
Although both sides of the duplex were occupied, Rodgers said there were no injuries in the blaze.
"It was venting out the front," Rodgers said. "We're just lucky the fire didn't jump from house to house."
Never miss a local story.